Getting Started – It's Easy to Start Using KnowItAll U!
Information below is intended for faculty and students at academic institutions
currently maintain a KnowItAll U license.
If your school does not have a license, you cannot access these resources.
KnowItAll U is a unique spectroscopy resource that provides every student
and faculty member in your institution–at any computer campus-wide–access
to the following. There is no limit on the number of simultaneous users on your
campus who are permitted to access KnowItAll U.
Access help system
All faculty and students at schools with a KnowItAll U license can access the KnowItAll
U Spectral Collection via KnowItAll AnyWare.
- "Freely" search up to 1.4 million spectra (IR, NMR, MS, Raman, UV-Vis) plus chemical
structures and properties using the KnowItAll AnyWare web-based search engine.
- Number of spectra accessible depends on license school has chosen. Please ask your
KnowItAll U administrator for details.
- KnowItAll AnyWare works with virtually any platform, operating system (including
Mac, Windows, Linux), or browser.
Register to download
View demo movies
If your school's license also includes Bio-Rad's KnowItAll Informatics System
(KnowItAll U Edition) software, you can download it.
- Software allows access to spectral collection and more advanced searching/analysis
than possible using AnyWare interface.
- But that's not all… the KnowItAll software gives you access to additional
tools (structure drawing, reporting, spectral processing/analysis, chemometrics,
- If you are not sure if your school has access to the software download, please ask
your KnowItAll U administrator.
- This software for Windows will also work on a Macintosh computer using the Parallels